Saturday, April 21, 2012

The rest of the story

I know all of my readers all 2.5 of you are dieing to hear how the big shindig went. Let me tell you, it was rather high stress around here. We got home from the grocery store about 10 p.m. had some dinner, and cleaned the house. The whole time, I'm telling Josh there was no way in heck I was going to host people all day long the next day. And he just kept cleaning. I fumed for a long time and finally I decided some where around midnight that I was going to do whatever I needed to, to be a supportive wife and if that meant hosting hoity toitys I would do it. Because I remembered I didn't want to be the reason Josh lost his job here. If he was done, fine, but we weren't going home because of me.
                               (getting the catering all lined out for the dinner, notice the portable toilets on the left side of my house)
                                (one of the rows of equipment set out to impress)

So wednesday morning rolled around, I got up early mopped the floors, got the boys all spiffed up and started to get myself ready for the long day. Josh came in and said that he spoke with his boss and it was fine if I left for the day and needed to go now before everyone got here. So we packed a bag full of snacks and diapers and left. I was so glad that I was able to sneak out and not have to worry about keeping my home spotless, and my kiddos clean, fed, quiet and happy all day while I gave tours.





                                   (all the equipment lined up for the big day)

We went to town, stopped at the bakery had some pigs in a blanket, grabbed a few for the road and went to visit a new family that came from the U.S. We had a great time visiting all afternoon and then headed home. I was so proud of myself for avoiding any kind of mishap along the way since it was 1.5 hour drive along the same stretch of road as my tire incident! Although I broke the passenger side window the other day so now it won't roll up all the way, and every bump we went over made the window fall a little more, and by the time we got home the window was half way down. But considering it was incident free, it was a good day! And I was proud of myself for making the drive even though I was a bit nervous. Over all it was a great day... so I thought!

I got home and found the construction crew hard at work taking down the portable event tent. They had taken over my whole drive way and so we parked on the street and walked to our house, the whole time Carter screamed and everyone watched! I get to the front door and grab for the key and realize the door is open! Not wide open, but unlocked and cracked open, not locked like I left it!!!!
     (back view of my house, the back of the event tent, and a few other little tents)

I go inside the house and find, my kitchen table chairs arranged in the living room not around the table like normal, all my couch pillows in disarray,  all my dirty dishes shoved in various cupboards to be hidden from sight, along with other items, and random junk in our closet! I was furious!! The company had used our house to entertain people while I was gone, without asking me or Josh! So what did I do? I'll tell you what I did, I wrote a NASTY letter to the CEO, that's what I did!! The title read "Russian Intruders".  I told the CEO, he had NO RIGHT to be in my home without my permission, it was not an office, a waiting room, or anything else, it was MY HOME and they were NEVER to use it again without my permission! And a said few other things to ensure they got my point, and pushed send.

I informed Josh of the letter and that I probably got him fired and that I was sorry but not really. He said he didn't care if he got fired. I spent the wrest of the night looking for Josh a new job, know that in the morning he was going to get fired. I came to realize that there weren't very many cattle jobs available. And the longer I looked the more I started to panic!ha Sure it isn't a great job, but it is better than nothing!Well morning came and I finally called Josh and asked him if he got fired. He said he hadn't yet. In the afternoon, we got an email in response to the hate mail I sent the CEO. It said something to the effect of them using our house was just part of the job, and they'd do it again if they needed to. And they were sorry they upset me and would try to ask next time. The big jerks.
(inside the event tent was set up like a fancy restaurant complete with a glass goblet tower)
(zoomed in shot of the sign, the only cool thing, because Josh is the cowboy in the picture)
Anyway, we lived through the whole ordeal, we still have a job, and I told Josh that when we do decide to be done here, we were going to have a job lined out before we left!!ha I just hope that entertaining the queen, won't be a regular thing around here. But I've already decided that next time we're asked to entertain, I'm going to wear red lipstick, blue eyeshadow, a floral print mumu, fake eyelashes and orange heels and answer the door with a smile (with one tooth blacked out) and show my home with pride!ha

1 comment:

  1. Wowsers! I was wondering how that turned out! I was gonna email you but have been super busy entertaining the queen around here ;) so I didnt have time! Are these American people that came to the house or the Russian?! I am assuming Russian and that they have no idea about privacy and such! The least they could have done was do your dirty dishes ;)....weirdos! Well I wish you the best of luck and hope that you find a new job on the soonish side rather than later! Good Luck friend, I love you! Oh yeah, I think you would look dang sexy all "dolled" up in your mumu ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete