I've always loved a good homemade quilt. I think it may have something to do with the fact I was a blankie girl and come from a long line of blankie lovers. There's just something about a quilt that makes a home feel more comfy and inviting, I love that feeling. Or maybe it's just the fact that I love to buy fabric and attempting to make a quilt now and then is a good excuse to buy the fabric I've been drooling over!!
My very first attempt at my own quilt was when I was about 15. I made one for one of my young women goals. It was a combination of blue and yellow prints. And I still use it and cherish it to this day. I remember my mom getting sick of my lack of conventional sewing skills, and sending me to my Grandma Loughmiller's house to finish it because she knew I would listen to Grandma! I will always cherish my memories sewing my quilt at Grandma's house. It is by no means perfect! And it has some funny quirks, but I love it just the same. And I still love the yellow and blue fabric.
Since then I have attempted a few other quilts, none of them perfect, all with funny little quirks, but I think slowly, I'm getting a little better! I've learned alot of lessons the hard way!
Here are a few quilts that I've been drooling over lately. To me quilts are art you can snuggle. They're like a hug you can always wrap up in, and feel the love of who ever made it.

source
I love the simple design here, and I've always liked the whimsical image of a blowing dandelion.
source
This one is fun with it's cool design, it's fresh and springy, it reminds me of India for some reason.
source
This quilt just makes me want to snuggle down with a good book for the winter.
source
I am in love with this color combination yellows, oranges, and purples. I never would have thought of it in a million years. It reminds me of fall.
This bottom one, is from here it's bright, fun, spontaneous and ready for summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment