Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Journal: I'm beyond crazy

The 30 days of art will continue, they just are taking a break until things settle down for a while. For the past week things have been wild and crazy around here. You see some fancy pants are flying their helicopter to our ranch tomorrow. Everyone has been in a flurry spraying down the barns, equipment and everything in between, repainting the stripes on the road, the squeeze shoot, and even the scale.  Gravel, sand, sawdust, and straw have been hauled in by the truck load to try and cover up some of the never ending mud.

And get this, one of the head chiefs came by and saw how muddy the cows were and wondered if they could be pressure washed off! Josh informed yes, the cattle could be sprayed down, but the muddy pens leading to and from the sprayer would defeat the whole purpose. The Russian CEO's just can't figure out why, there is mud in the feedlot, mud up to the cattle's belly's and why in general everything looks so bad! Well Mr. CEO, I know I'm new around here, but it doesn't take a country girl from Idaho to see that spring time in Russia might not be the best time to show off your ranch to the president of Russia. Needless to say EVERYONE has been putting in LONG hours, and are in foul moods trying their best to get everything ready for the fancy pants to arrive tomorrow.

I'd be ok with all the hub bub if it stayed around all the barns, and cattle, but noooo. I woke up Monday to see a big semi truck outside my house full of glass windows and a frame to build an event center fit for royalty. So the past two days workers have been frantically building this portable event center, with real wood floors, deck, and completely glass front, to wine and dine in. CAN YOU GUESS WHERE THIS EVENT CENTER IS????!!! Right up against my house! Trees in my yard were removed to make room for it. So as you can imagine, this country girl from Idaho has been thrilled to death to have all kinds of workers all around my house this week. Today was the final day to prepare, and for finishing touches, they set up a few outside tents (with wood floors and decks) and added the BLUE TOILET sign to my house and FOUR BLUE portable toilets right along my house conveniently facing my house right under my windows. So that each time someone enters or leaves the blue rooms, my children can look out the window and greet them with a smile!

So for the past few days, I've been hiding away, trying to ignore all the craziness going on in MY OWN YARD, the workers taking breaks on MY PORCH, and trying to suppress the urge to run out and chase them all off and email the CEO and tell him where he can put his portable event center!

And last but not least, tonight Josh tells me it is expected of me to clean my house and look presentable so that I can give tours of my home and meet whom ever would like to see my home or see a REAL American family. And that will start and 8 a.m. in the morning. Do they know I'm not even awake at 8 A.M.!!! Let alone presentable! And tonight Josh got ANOTHER phone call from the head secretary who informed Josh that the owners and  founders of the company expect his wife to let anyone one in who would like to tour my home, and for me to entertain whomever stops by. The nerve of some people!!! Who the heck do they think they are anyway!

Well anyone who knows my very well, knows that I'm not the fancy pants rear end kissing kind of girl. I've already been fit to be tied about the fact, they treat people like crap, have invaded MY personal territory, and now this! Give me a break, honey. You chose the wrong girl, this was not in MY contract or job description, thank you very much! So I informed my husband that it may be HIS job to kiss up to fancy pants and do what they say, but it was most certainly not my job. And further more, tomorrow I will NOT be home and NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE is to be allowed into MY HOUSE!!!

So... if next week, you read this blog and I have been relocated back to the U.S.A, you will know why. And if next week we're looking for a new job, you'll know why. And if next week I fly home to the U.S.A, I will glady kiss the ground, hug the door greeter at Walmart, and eat beef, salad, and macaroni and cheese until I'm fat and sassy and never be happier.

 All I can say is pray for me. Some may pray that I let my children streak through the event center, so we will move home sooner, and some will pray that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and we keep our jobs. I don't care what you pray for, but above all pray I can get my rear out of bed so that I can get the heck off this ranch before my drive way is blocked off!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!!! OH FRIEND, I love you!!!!! Good Luck with Mr. Fancy Pants and the visitors....Maybe they just think that you make the perfect role model so they are showcasing you and your family! ...Hey, I would beleive it!!! I will be praying that you keep your cool but also let them weirdo know what ya think! If you need a place to stay when you get kicked out...my home is always open and I make cinnamon rolls ;)!

    By the way....this is the most rediciulous thing that I have ever read...I cant believe the nerve of those people and that they think you should comply no matter what......R.U.D.E!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh.. I am praying you get to come home. Then praying that our interns can't come and that you guys can replace them. Nobody would park a potty outside your house here, but they still might go potty outside your house! Well it would be really cool to meet the president of Russia just to say you did, but being bossed around is not cool. I didn't realize life was so crazy there this week. Hope everything goes well and that you get to stay in your pjs for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right after I read this post I had to call Jami so we could discuss how rude and demanding people in high places are. And also, how cool you are for surviving in Russia with your two small kids. You are amazing.

    Can't wait to here how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete