Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring time



I don't know if I have mentioned it,but is officially spring time here! Days are getting longer, the sun is up by 6 a.m. (so I've been told) and goes down around 9:30 p.m. Everything is getting green and all the mud is starting to dry up, I love it.

My little half pint washing machine was having a very hard time keeping up with all the muddy clothes! Maybe this week I'll bust out the outside clothes line and I'll be able to do more than one small load of laundry a day.

Spring has also brought spring fever! Lets just say that the short attention span that my little student once had is pretty much gone now!ha

Monday I decided I needed to get out and go for a walk, it had been a LONG day!ha After work Josh took the boys into town to get some milk. I went out for a walk. Well I thought that the boys were just going to go straight to town and come back, so I kept walking and hoped they could pick me up on their way back!!ha I didn't know that they decided to have a "guys night out". They went to the bakery sat down and had hotdogs, went to the park and played for a while, then went to the grocery store and came home. Mean while, I'm still walking!ha I finally decided I better head back toward home, hoping and praying they could come by soon, because I don't think I've walked that much in my whole life!! I just kept walking, I walked through our little Kotlacova village and waived and said hello to all of the old babushkas. And walked some more. Finally I was 20 yards from my house and the boys pull up!! They could believe that I was just getting home. ha I did the math and it turns out I walked about 4 miles round trip. It was a beautiful evening though, and I must admit, that I wasn't grumpy anymore by the time I got back, I could hardly walk! We all got a good laugh out of it. 

Last week when we went on our drive I got a few pictures before my camera died.


This old babushka was selling some greens, I wanted to buy some but didn't have any coins on me.
 It rains here, like crazy! So it is very common to see people walking around with umbrellas. Back home umbrellas were just something we used to jump off the trampoline with to see if we'd fly away in the wind like mary popins.
  This is a dairy, outside of Trubchevsk. I try not to think about the fact that this very dairy might supply the butter we buy in town! We buy FRESH butter. As in you tell the lady how many kilograms you want and she cuts it, weighs it, wraps it in plastic wrap and hands it to you. It's practically mooing still. But I try not to think about that. And so far it's been clean. So I've been grateful.
  I have a thing for taking pictures of the fun little Russian doms and this freshly painted one caught my eye on our drive, it was pretty cute.
  I couldn't resist taking a picture of this old man as he was pushing his milk cart down the street. It kinda seemed like I was back in time.
I've been meaning to get a photo of this little dom for quite a while, it's on the way to Pochep. It's so bright and fun, I lvoe the hand painted flowers on the gate.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for spring!!! It is so nice isn't it! Way to walk 4 miles! I love all the colors in your little village so bright and colorful! Glad this are more sunny on your side of the earth!

    ReplyDelete