Sunday, March 4, 2012

what I know in my heart

Today was fast Sunday. And even though we don't get to meet like traditional members of our church we still have church each Sunday. And we still had testimony meeting. Merritt he always asks, "is it fast Sunday today or slow Sunday!" ha that always makes me laugh. Today he wanted to know what did it mean to have a testimony meeting. I explained to him it was when we share what we know and feel in our hearts to be true.

 And because this blog is a running journal of our journey here in Russia, I guess I want to share what I know and what I've come to cherish being so far from home. So that someday when I print this blog and make it into a book I can remember everything.

So what I know in my heart to be true is this: that no matter where on earth I live, no matter how remote or desolate,  I am never alone. Because I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows who I am, knows where I am, and is always watching over me and my family. And even though I am far from family and home, He is never far from me.

 I know in my heart, that He hears and answers my prayers.

He calms my soul.

He gives me strength and encouragement to do hard things.

I know He loves me, not because I'm perfect, but because He made me.

1 comment: