The company we're working for is finally finding more people to come over here and work. I'm not sure why the idea of moving around the world to Russia isn't tempting to everyone! But finally for the first time in the 8 months we've lived here there is another American family! And we decided before they even got here, that they were going to be our best friends whether they liked it or not!ha And it turns out I couldn't have picked better.
Today we invited our new friends to come with me and the boys to another ranch unit called Valuets to visit Miss Susie. Susie and her husband have been here a month. Anyway we loaded up all our snow gear just incase, water, snacks, and a portable dvd player for the one hour drive. It was fun to get together with all the ranch wives (all 3 of us!) and just visit. I have to admitt, I love the fact I'm not the new girl in town so to speak. It's nice to have been here and know a few things like how to find baking powder at the grocery store!ha That sounds so trivial, but it's a hard one to find, because it's packaged in tiny 2 inch by 2inch paper packets that hold about 1tsp of baking powder! But here's the kicker! You have to smell it to make sure your not buying vanilla! ha Yes vanilla is sold in tiny little packet too.
It's funny how being here has given us the opportunity to meet people all around the U.S. and Russia and it's really shown me how very much alike we all are! People are people in Russia or in Idaho. Yes we might have a few different ideas about things, but when it comes down to it, we all just want to be good people and want the best for our families and to be happy.
Did I mention we are getting two new families here? I am very excited about that! One family has 6 kiddos, and the other 3. I'm starting to feel like all my waiting for a friend has finally paid off! I wrote one of my friends from Buhl and told her I finally had a friend. She has written me all along this adventure and has be so encouraging. Anyway last fall she told me that soon enough I would find a friend and life would be better. So I wrote her this past week and told her she was right, I finally had a friend and it was great. She wrote back and said, well now that you have a friend all that is left is for you to have another baby!ha Well Carolynn that hasn't happened yet, but I am certain that someday it will, and hopefully when it does. I am curious to know what she will write back and say I need after that!ha
I am so happy for you. Crazy thing is Alan (my brother) and his wife were in Pocatello eating at Applebees (I think) and there waiter was a really friendly lady and she got to talking to them and somehow she mentioned that her daugthter and son in law were headed off to Russia to work at a ranch and that they were nervous but excited because there was a young family with two little boys. and Alan just kinda laughed and said "I know exactly who you are talking about, my sister is really good friends with them." HAHA....small world, and I am glad that you have found some friends that understand where you are coming from! Good Luck with the baby stuff too :)!
ReplyDelete