Tonight I finished up this painting after the littlest monkey went to bed. I've been enjoying the bright colors, they are my little piece of summer until the real thing gets here.
This painting and the pear painting were "paint along with me" paintings. So what that means is that in one of my painting books they show a photo and had several different artists do a painting from the same photo. I decided it would be fun to paint along with them. Then when I'm finished I compare the paintings, I see what I like that they did differently, and see things that I could have done better. It's been really fun and a great way to learn.
Many may think this is cheating or that all the paintings would be the same. But they're not. Because we're all unique and have different perspectives and techniques so we all start with a similar drawing but end up with amazingly different paintings just like being in a painting class. Anyway I've really enjoyed it and enjoyed learning from other painters.
Josh just gave me a critique on my painting. For the longest time I wanted him to speak up and tell me if he saw there was something that looked off. And now years later, I'd rather he didn't say if something looks off, and he's finally decided to speak up!ha go figure! He had a few valid points, but I'm not going to worry about them tonight. Maybe tomorrow. I guess next time, I'll make sure if he has something to say he tells me BEFORE I post it on my blog.
Love, Love, Love this! I don't know what Josh critique was but I think it looks perfect!
ReplyDeleteWell Josh might have a more attuned eye than I, but I love it and I love that you are squeezing in more art time for you!
ReplyDelete