I get a kick out of showing pictures of life here in Russia. And also from reading the comments people leave. I also enjoy helping people see how life is on the other side of the world too. BUT don't think for a minute that just because my blog is always cheery that I don't have hard days, or weeks for that matter.
Lately I've had a few people comment on how I always seem to be so positive about living here. And I do try to be, but I also try very very hard to accentuate the positive. Because lets face it, it is hard living here, but it doesn't really do me any good to wine and cry about it, even though I've done and do my fair share of both!ha In fact more often than not my photos are a result of me having a bad day or week and finally decide to get my butt out of the house and make a conscientious effort to look for the good and beautiful in the world and take pictures of it.
We all have bad days and weeks, and sometimes the sun doesn't shine for what seems like eternity. BUT a few things I've learned that help me pull out of my wallowing self pitty are: go on drives and look for the beauty around me, take the day off and read a good book, (even if that means the kiddos get to watch movies all day long and never get out of their pj's!), do a craft project of some kind, sit down relax and enjoy my kids, TRY to say and think only things that are positive, and last but not least, do some kind of service for someone (even if it's just making cookies for my husband).
I sure do love you friend! I laughed at your comment of when you have your "bad" days that you just let the kids watch movies all day and stay in jammies....I guess I have "Bad" days everyday....WE do that all the time :)! So chin up....I think you are a wonderful gal, friend, and Mother and so what if we live half way around the world from one another...I still think about you a ton and feel almost closer to you since you have been gone because we chat through "comments" and emails and stuff!!! I am so sure that it is hard when the sun is not shining....I live for the sun and get grumpy, depressed when it is not...so I can only imagine! Can you get vitamin supplements there? Take some vitamin D or a multivitamin and hopefully that helps elevate your mood! (Dont get me wrong, I am sure that days get long and hard and depressing, and that would be SOO hard) Just know that I am praying and thinking about your cute little family a ton!!!! LOVE YA FRIEND!
ReplyDelete