Wednesday, November 23, 2011
The chicken painting
I got the chicken painting done, and ended up giving it to my one my American friend Cami who moved back to the U.S. this week. I've never given a painting away before, but I've decided a few things here lately. First, I don't become a better painter unless I paint. So profound I know! So I'm starting to get used to the fact that it's ok if my painting turns out crappy, the important thing was that I painted, I learned, and can do better next time. I used to let fear of doing a bad painting stop me from painting at all. Life's too short, to worry about bad paintings ya know? And second, what good are a bunch of paintings in a box in a storage unit? Nobody gets to see them. Not even my own parents have a painting of mine! Thats dumb! So that's why I decided to start branching out and gave away my chicken painting. And hopefully it will be a fun reminder of Cami's adventure here in Russia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SoOOOO PRoud of you! Yea for painting more and yea for branching out! I think Russia is going to be a good thing for you :)
ReplyDeleteWell, I will tell you one thing....You are a heck of alot better painter than I could ever dream of being ;)! Great Painting. I Love it!
ReplyDeleteyour parents do have a painting of yours, its the old pickup. and i love it
ReplyDeleteI am catching up on this blog. I guess I sort of forget to check it. I need to put it up on my list. Anyway, This painting is amazing. Ezra got some dollar store paints (he always want to pretend he is painting with my make up brushes) and we finally opened them. We spent a long time painting this afternoon and it made me think about you. (the water colors-not our paintings... they were unique!)I love this. You are so talented and you DO need to show off more. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your paintings at the fair a couple years ago. Anyway, great job!
ReplyDelete