Wednesday, November 23, 2011

About Us




To set the record straight, I'm not really a cowgirl, but I am married to a cowboy. We're from southern Idaho and have two crazy energetic boys ages 6 and almost 2.  I home school our oldest who is in Kindergarten, which has been an adventure, but surprisingly I've been enjoying it (most days).  We have a love for the miracle of adoption and the joy it has brought our lives. We love old movies, popcorn, and trips to the bakery. I'm the kind of person who always has a project going, it doesn't really matter what it is, I just like making things.


 How we got here.

 We had been looking for a job and just for the heck of it we decided to apply for a ranch position in Russia. And a few days later we got a job offer! We couldn't believe it, we weren't really serious about going to Russia! But after a lot of thought and prayer, we decided to move our little family half way around the world to ranch.  So here we are in RURAL Russia outside of a little village called Kotlacova. Hence the name Kotlacova cowgirl. We've been here for half a year now and it's been quite the experience.

Do we like it here? Yes and no. It's been great to see things in such a different way and be apart of a different country and culture. I love the fact that we took this leap of faith and went on an adventure. It's been one of those hold your breath and jump experiences. It's shown me in so many ways that I'm alot stronger than I thought I was. But it's hard too. We don't have too many friends and get cabin fever (frequently), miss good grocery stores, family, but most of all, we miss the gospel. We have our own little church meetings each Sunday, but miss the strength and friendship of church back home.  BUT, I keep telling myself, we're not going to be here forever, so I try to think positively and be grateful for the opportunity we have to pay off our student loans. That's our main motivator, to be debt free! And I'm grateful to be able to see life in a different way, in a different culture, in a different country. And I grateful that I get to help people back home get a glimpse of life half way around the world.

4 comments:

  1. I just think it is neat! I appreciate your willingness to share all the interesting aspects of Russia. YOU ARE SO STRONG! I don't think I could handle it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What an amazing adventure!! I'm so fascinating with this lifestyle you've chosen! I'm so pleased I found your blog (through Simple things photo link-up). Looking forward to following along!

    Kris in England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found my little blog Kris! It's always great to connect with someone on this side of the world that is from the U.S. I guess it just makes the world seem a little smaller!

      Delete
  3. What a fascinating life you lead. I popped over from quick successions photo club. It's amazing to see church members all over the world experiencing life in different ways but still believing the same principles. I love your photo's. I think I'm going to read a little more about you in Russia.

    Lisha (Australia)

    ReplyDelete