Saturday, April 7, 2012

30 Days of Art: Day 7 The Art of Being a Mother.


oil painting by Shriya Das


This 30 Days of Art has been an interesting challenge I gave myself. At first it was kind of a homework assignment I gave myself to stay busy until I could get outside. But I would have to say it's turning into my art journal!ha Which is fine too.

Today's art is the Art of being a mother, and if your don't believe it's an art, then you probably don't spend a whole lot of time around kids! It involves being creative, it's inspiring, spontaneous, involves thinking outside of the box, and is often messy! Sounds very artistic to me.

 I always love finding blogs that are uplifting and edifying for the soul. This past week I found this blog. I loved how this successful career woman, chose to stay at home with her kiddos. Not because she had to, but because she wanted to. She wanted to be the one to see her child's first step, hear their first words, wipe away their tears, and teach them what was truly important in life. I loved the whole article.  I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the dirty diapers, laundry, fits, and messes! I enjoyed the reminder that, I do love being a mom,  and it's more than being a maid and a cook, ha! It's a hard work for sure, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.



mixed media by J.Kirk Richards

3 comments:

  1. Love the comparision...but I pretty much suck at art so what does that say about being a mom ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and speaking of art, did you see this: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1011&sid=19894579&title=popular-painter-thomas-kinkade-dies-in-calif&s_cid=queue-5

    If the link didnt work, Thomas Kinkade passed away! I really loved some of his paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, jami your a great mom. I wasn't saying you have to be an artist to be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete